Come and join Hazel Grove Model Railway Society
New members are always welcome. Just come along to our Club nights to see what goes on, meet current members and experience the tea, once tasted, never forgotten.
Benefits of membership
- Discount at SMTF Models Brookside Garden Centre, London Road North, Poynton SK12 1BY Phone: 0161 456 5126 (no website)
- Members library (at least 500 books, probably many more!)
- Camaraderie and the company of like-minded people, keen to share their expertise with you
- Learn from others in our occasional series of skill building classes
- Access to a range of tools and materials
Membership options and subscription rates
Full (Adult) Membership
Full Member £60 per year.
The subscription year runs from 1st April. Members joining part-way through the year pay a proportionate part of the annual subscription.
Excellent value at 25p per hour for up to 200 hours of enjoyment of a varied and interesting hobby. You can learn about or take part in a wide range of constructive activities –
- Layout planning
- Low voltage electrical wiring
- Model making
- Scenic modelling and detailing
And you can take your new skills as far as you’d like.
Junior Membership options
Junior membership 16-18 years
The minimum age limit for unaccompanied Junior Members is 16 years, who pay £40 per year.
Under 16 membership package (includes Guardian)
Junior Membership package-Junior member (under 16), plus Guardian, £60 per year. This is because Junior Members under 16 years of age have to be accompanied by an adult who must be a Full Member of the Club.
Try us out!
Club rules allow you to make six visits before you are expected to become a Member. Visitors do not pay a fee.
We strongly encourage you to make a number of visits before applying for membership in order that you feel completely comfortable in doing so.
When completed, your application form should be sent with your cheque, payable to HGDMRS, to the address shown on the form, or brought along on your next visit to the Club.
Please note that all applications for membership are at the discretion of the Committee.